The ASRT Student Leadership Development Program offers students a chance to get to know the ASRT, attend educational sessions, and network with medical imaging and radiation therapy professionals.
TWO Selected Michigan participants will attend the 2018 ASRT Educational Symposium and Annual Governance and House of Delegates Meeting, June 21-24 in Las Vegas, as well as orientation the evening of June 20. Selected participants receive:
- Airfare, housing, a stipend for meals and other travel expenses.
- An educational program designed just for students.
- A professional mentor assigned for the meeting.
- An insider's look into the largest association for medical imaging and radiation therapy professionals.
- Expanded opportunities for professional growth.
- Three years of continuing SLDP opportunities.
*Requirements for Participation from ASRT and MSRT:
You must be a member of both the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) and the Michigan Society of Radiologic Technologists (MSRT) at the time of application to be eligible for participation in the program. To become an MSRT member, go to http://www.msrt.org/members/708-2/
*ASRT members who previously have been chosen to participate in the ASRT Student Leadership Development Program are welcome to attend the 2018 ASRT Educational Symposium and Annual Governance and House of Delegates Meeting as paying participants.
You must be a member of an ASRT affiliate society at the time of application to be eligible for participation in the program.
An affiliate is a local (usually state) chartered ASRT affiliate society. If your state does not have an ASRT affiliate society, you can join that of a nearby state. Affiliate Membership is available through the MSRT website at http://www.msrt.org/members/708-2/
Deadline to apply is Dec. 19 each year. The following materials must be completed before that date:
- A completed application, available online.
- A copy of your ASRT affiliate society (MSRT) membership card or verification uploaded to ASRT Volunteer Central. Become an MSRT member at http://www.msrt.org/members/708-2/
An essay, uploaded to ASRT Volunteer Central, and also sent to email@example.com, with the subject title SLDP that should be approximately 500-700 words and should answer the following question:
How do you think you would grow professionally from your participation in the 2018 ASRT Student Leadership Development Program?
- A recommendation/permission letter stating that you have your program director's approval to attend the 2018 ASRT Educational Symposium and Annual Governance and House of Delegates Meeting, uploaded to ASRT Volunteer Central.
- WITH MSRT SELECTION COMMITTEE: Have a face-to-face interview- either in person or through online meeting space with the MSRT selection committee, depending on weather conditions.
- Winners will be selected in early January 2018
MSRT can only select two winners: you help us decide by fulfilling all the application requirements.
Funding provided by the ASRT Board of Directors.
How to apply: https://www.asrt.org/events-and-conferences/student-leadership-development-program/application-instructions, Click the link on the right side of the screen and apply.
IMPORTANT Dates to remember:
- Applications open on July 1st
- Applications are due NO LATER THAN December 19 each year
Should you have any questions, Contact: SLDP@asrt.org
Still have questions? Contact MSRT/ASRT Student Leadership Selection Committee Chairman, Dawn Keyser at firstname.lastname@example.org.